Sunday, December 4, 2011

Journal #11

11. Ask and answer the one important question that a university won't ask you, but you wish they would.
Do you think your ethnicity and where you come from have an impact on their decision on picking you?
The ethnic group and background that you come from has a great impact on the decision a university makes on picking you over somebody else. If someone comes from a Mexican background and an area that is considered "ghetto" or a person who is white and comes from a nicer area and they are both equally the same in their knowledge then most likely the university would pick the white student who does not come from an area with problems. Students are choosen on who is the smarter and who has been involved in extra cirucular activities more than another person. Every student is up asgainst someone else and if someone comes from a nicer area they are more likely to be choosen than a person who comes from the "ghetto." They are turned down also because of thier ethnicity which should not be happening because it should just be based on the knowledge the student knows. Who knows maybe the Mexican student is way smarter than the white student who comes from a nicer area. I would like to be judged on my school activities and the knowledge I received from my school. Not which school I attended, where I came from, who I hanged out with, and who my paremts where. It should all be based off on me, myself, and I.

No comments:

Post a Comment