Saturday, December 3, 2011

Journal #16


16. Explain a significant experience, achievement, risk you have taken, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you. 
Two years ago my father got laid off from his job and that had a great impact on me because once he lost his job I was not allowed to ask for money and our money was tight. My mother was the only one working so that made things hard on my dad because he said he felt like he should be the one bringing in all the money and he was not. He would always be mad and yell at my brother, sister and I. he never let us do anything anymore, he was always mad and making mean remarks to everyone. 
Once he realized that it was not that bad and it was not the end of the world he went back to his old self and being our stay at home parent. He said he noticed how fast we were growing up and how much of our life he was missing out on because he was not so involved. I actually like my dad not having a job as bad as that sounds because we get to spend more time with him and now we have rides everywhere and he takes us to school and brings us home. My mother on the other hand had to take on an extra shift on certain days to be able to pay for everything so I do not get to see her as often mostly in the nights when either she is too tired or I am. We end up just going to sleep. I still have that special connection with my mother, however the connection I have with my father grew and it all just brought all of us way closer.

No comments:

Post a Comment